Swathi Rao, PA-C, IFMCP
Swathi Rao, PA-C, started practicing family medicine in 2002. For most of that time, she has been dedicated to practicing Functional or roots-up medicine. Over her 18 years in medicine, she has learned a few very fundamental lessons:
- Patients’ symptoms are always more important than a diagnosis or label.
- Changing how we eat, move, sleep, and detox is critical to optimal wellness.
- Taking the time to listen to patients makes better medicine than anything else!
In 2017, Swathi opened her own Functional Medicine family practice office in Carmel, Indiana, called Be Well Family Care to bring together a team of Functional Medicine providers to offer personalized medicine and comprehensive wellness services, including a teaching kitchen, group visits, and more, to fulfill the Be Well mission:
- To partner with patients to optimize their health utilizing a blend of traditional and alternative medicine.
- To practice individualized, patient-centered medicine.
- To treat root causes and imbalances to regain homeostasis and prevent disease.
- To empower patients to EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, MOVE WELL, POOP WELL, and ultimately BE WELL.
Her journey as a medical provider has enabled her to meet and learn from some of the best Functional Medicine providers in the country and in central Indiana. Swathi graduated from
Indiana University as a pre-med major in 1994 and Butler University’s physician assistant program in 2002. In 2015, she became an IFM Certified Practitioner.
She lives in Carmel with her husband, Jason, and two amazing sons, Aiden and Evan.